Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
Dr Zeus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #23863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
All the items you mention are powered by the chassis battery. There is a multi-tap on the positive side of the chassis battery that runs to a 100 amp 12 volt re-settable circuit breaker located on the right frame rail. From that circuit breaker the power goes to the circuit board down by the drivers left foot. This is a Thor MC board that contains all the fuses and relays for the Thor accessories in the front cap. Sounds like that CB is tripped

As for the engine's alternator charging the house batteries, this is done through the BIRD. Usually the Trombetta control module for the BIRD is good but the continuous duty relay goes bad. On my coach my the BIRD is located on the front wall in the rear of the house battery compartment. the
I'll check, you say its a 100A breaker? Sounds serious. I've checked all the fuses and relays at drivers foot and none are blown. I'll check that panel for voltage though. If that CB popped then nothing has power there... but... the lights and such are working so IDK. I think that panel does a LOT and Id think more would not be working if the main tripped.

I really do not think this RV has a BIRD. I tried looking for it, and cannot locate one. I've been down this before which is why I bought a Trik-L-Start.

Do the house batteries charge through the 100A breaker? Maybe thats why it could have maybe tripped....

I'll check

Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum