Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #10
waynetaylor55

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A
State: California
THOR #21941
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarry View Post
Hi,

I just bought a 2022 THOR Chateau 28z. The Dometic water heater will not turn on via LP or 110v. I have verified the winterizing valves are allowing water to it. I have popped open the pressure relief valve to verify water come out. Obviously I have turned it on at the control panel. The soonest I can get into service is 3 weeks. Any ideas I can try to fix it myself?

Thanks!
I had the exact problem on our first trip out in our 28A. About a half a tank of hot water and then nothing on LP or AC. Turns out there is a thermocouple that is between the power and thermostat accessed from the outside of the coach. If there is an issue with the propane coming back it heats up and disconnects the WH.

https://www.amazon.com/Atwood-93866-...24232479&psc=1

I ordered two sets just so I could have enough spares.
BTW I don't know why they include the extra connecting wire. I didn't use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermocouple.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	31481  

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.