Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #16
Frankomd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Freedom Traveler A30
State: Oregon
THOR #15824
We developed a leak on the driver's side of our 2019 Freedom Traveler A30 (similar to the Hurricane). I didn’t think it was the window and since we have two antennas directly above on the roof I suspected the source of the leak might be there. I didn’t see any cracks in the Dicor but added Eternabond anyway. I also checked all other roof items and seams and found no cracks or defects. A leak can originate quite distant from where it appears inside the coach. Water can and does easily flow between roof layers. I also added additional sealant around the outside of the window even though what was there looked fine. The leak continued. The dealer determined the driver’s window was somehow seated askew and replaced the window. Expensive problem solved. I’m uncertain if this was a manufacturing defect or something else, but we’ve experienced no collisions. I’ve been wondering if, perhaps, the auto-leveling process could have something to do with it. It’s a fairly “rough” process and I worry the coach body could have been torqued which might have disrupted the window seating. Not sure. In any case we have taken to leveling manually which is a much more controllable and less violent process. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.