Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 12:24 AM   #19
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
How do you like your Hurricane?
Overall I like it... I bought mine used - so didn't have the 'pleasure' of dealing with Thor warranty... The real key seems to be the dealership you work with.

I did get an extended service plan - the up side being many things are covered - the downside being if it is something significant, I have to take it to a dealer if I want them to pay for it (minus deductible...)
I'd much rather do the work myself - but they won't pay for and send me parts under the service plan.

After 3 trips to the dealer to fix an intermittent refrigeration issue I gave up... having paid the 'diagnostic charge' because they found nothing wrong... (My pictures showing the fridge at 80 degrees next to theirs showing it at 35...)
I now have an intermittent problem with my Jensen head unit... Have to time it right to get it to fail for the dealer... at a time where I don't need the MH for weeks... or just eat the cost or replacing it myself for the hour it will take me to swap.

That said - aside from 200 miles of driving (50 miles each way to drop off RV and drive toad home... then back to pick up 2 weeks later) - the dealer did fix virtually all the issues I found after taking ownership... from dead microwave to damaged floor.

All MH brands have issues - and many of the protections afforded auto buyers don't extend to RVs...

This is our second Thor MH... Had a 2000 Infinity for 4 years before getting the 2014... Upgraded to get more space (slides) as we now spend at least 3 months solid in it over winter. Went from 30A to 50A (though the Infinity did have 2 ACs - needed to run the genny or an extra 20amp line to run both...)

Lots of people here to help with questions... debugging... feel free to ask anything.... As fhenn said - this is not owned/controlled by Thor. I wish sometimes they would read it more than they seem to - might get some good ideas of things to fix...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.