Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have used this dolly to move my fridge around to work on it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-...lly-63098.html

I don't know what model you have but a bad thermostat or a bad defrost contorl module can prevent the compressor from turning on. These are very easy to replace yourself in many cases. The other item that can cause temp issues and is easy to replace is the evaporator fan. All of these items can usually be replaced without removing many of the lower end residential fridges used in RV's. I have a Whirlpool fridge / freezer with ice maker and I can reach all of those items from the front.

The compressor also has a thermal protection and cooling fan next to it. If the cooling fan fails or the coach gets too warm, the compressor won't run. I have found that if my temp inside the coach gets into the mid-80's my compressor will only run minimally. There is not much airflow in the back when a cabinet is built around them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.