Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 05:09 AM   #19
fabieber

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #23923
Thor Ace Steering Stabilizer

I am brand new to this forum and to the Thor ACE. We drove a 37' Newmar for over 15 years and just bought a used 2016 ACE with 15,000 miles.
Today we completed a 500 mile trip with about half on interstate and intentionally the other half on a two lane curvy road with many very high hills and wind consistently over 25 mph.
I am fine with the handling, effect of semi trucks (actually not much) but would like to know if any one has done any mod that would give a softer ride. When hitting bad bridge joints, potholes or even large highway expansion joints the impact is really harsh. Doesn't unsettle the coach in any way but I would compare the effect to an old sedan with no shocks and very weak springs. The other effect is steering wheel feed back. Only the very newest stretches of brand new blacktop give a smooth feedback. No wheel shimmy, no following ruts, just constant "rattle" back through the steering wheel.
I look forward to staying in touch with all of you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum