Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Just an FYI......

My Whirlpool fridge in the coach was acting up. The freezer stayed cold but the fridge would arm up to 50. I had a spare thermostat and defrost module and thought one of those might be the issue. I thought it was one of those because I could hear the evaporator fan running in the freezer sometimes and other times it would not turn on when there was a demand for cooling.

I ended up pulling the evaporator cover and sure enough I had 120V at the motor. I could see it trying to start up but it would not spend. After doing some research the capacitors failing is fairly common. I could also see the evaporator was ice cold so the compessor was working fine and I could hear it running.

I ordered one on Amazon for $20 and then ordered a second one to carry as a spare. The fridge is only about 2 years old and I turn it off in the winter months or if the coach is not in use for several weeks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.