Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 09:27 PM   #14
Maddmike

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #23934
Ugh, very disappointing. The private sellers unit was gross. I think she had a hard time making the payments and she rented it out. All the seats were trashed, latches were broken, trim was falling off. However, my wife liked the floorpan. We then went and the Axis at the dealer and while the condition was was not as bad, there were still lots of little things that made it look like crap. Also, my wife hated that floorplan. I did not realize that the queen would not deploy without the slide out.

The dealer had two other ACEs on the lot, one with the bunk bed model. These were older but not as beat up. Either way, I walked away thinking that the Thor products don't hold up as well as some other makes. I'm not trying to bad mouth the brand and maybe these examples were particularly abused. However, in my search I looked at at 34 ft Winnebago from 2014 and everything was pristine, I just didn't want something that big and it was a base model (Vista).

Anyway, am I doing it wrong? I'm just a bit disappointed after dragging my family all over the place to look at units that looked great in pictures but not so much in real life.

We also checked out some of the new C Class vehicles which had a Murphy bed and we're beautiful, and my wife loved those.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum