Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 02:57 AM   #8
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
My last coach was a Fleetwood Storm and the construction was such that the sidewalls of the house and the dashboard were bolted to uprights welded to the front of the chassis side rails. When we noticed the dashboard shaking WAY TOO MUCH it turned out that the upright welds at the chassis had broken and the rigidity of the whole front of the house was only from the stiffness of the sidewalls. Fleetwood wanted to remove the front cap for access to the welds and estimated several thousand dollars cost. I made a bolt on repair but didn’t expect much from it and traded it in not long after. (The dealer was aware of the issue - but I’d bet my pension that they neither fixed it nor told the next buyer). It was a low point in our RVing journey and nearly made us quit the whole thing.
We had a Fleetwood Tioga class c and the coach had separated from the cab on the passenger side, the faster you drove or a strong headwind the bigger the gap got.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum