Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #17
ador

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
OK. Now this is really messed up. After the mechanic replaced all spark plug wires, we started driving on I70 in MO. We made it past I70 to IL area. Hoping to make it to Cincinnati tonight. Pari at Walmart Superstore 3 miles away from Mini Cooper dealership (where they have an appointment and the special ordered brake line). And what happened next???

I swear to God I promise to be good from now and, and not let anything else bad happen on this trip. Just before Mile Marker 161 on I70 in IL, my TMPS started alarming on my Left Side dolly tire. I saw the number going down fast. I was able to slow down and pull to the side. But the RV tilted to the right because of the slope. Almost shit in my shorts. I have a spare tire and tools. But i dont want to take a chance and get hit with those speeding trucks, on a 2 lane road. I called 911 and asked for a Highway Patrol assistance so I can safely change the tire. I also called AAA for roadside assistance. HP gave 15-20 min arrival time. AAA couldnt give any ETA. After few minutes waiting, State Trooper came and pulled behind us. Put on his lights. I was able to change tire and safely got back on the road.

I told my wife Im done for the day. We have 210 more miles to Cincinnati Mini Cooper. Im burned out. There is a KOA on the next freeway exit. Told my wife lets call it a night. They only have 1 pull through, but only 30Amp. Good thing we have a 30 to 50 amp adaptor.

What a day!!! I hope tomorrow will he better.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum