Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 12:45 AM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Magnitude SV34 Front Bumper Upgrade

Here are some after pictures.....

One of the things I really liked about this bumper is there is an opening to add a light bar into the center of the bumper. I am not planning to do that because it is right in front of the lower radiator intake that allows more airflow for cooling. When Thor added the plastic cover to the Ford stock bumper, they covered that air intake and reduced the cooling airflow. You can see the long rectangular opening in the middle of the new bumper in one of the pictures below.

I also decided to add a set of chrome tow hooks since Thor cut off the Ford stock tow hooks. I originally was not going to use tow hooks but after thinking about it, they could come in very handy if I ever need a tow out of somewhere that the 4x4 can't handle. The chrome hooks are also a nice accent to the black bumper.

The quality of the SteelCraft Bumper is excellent. It is heavy duty all the way around from the frame mounts to the physical one-piece construction. The design provides protection for most of the front of the cab. The powder coating is also top notch for a very nice look. It was very well packaged and protected from the factory. Not a scratch on it even though the pallet it was shipped on had seen better days. The price was also great. I have seen bumpers like this one for $1500 - $2500. I got it for $1075 and free shipping.

The new bumper won't save me from everything but it should provide better protection and hopefully keep the radiator and transmission cooler in tact in a fender bender or animal strike…. and it might allow us to finish a trip.

It also just makes the Magnitude look a little bit meaner than it already did. Next time that BMW tries to cut me off, I'm not too worried if I would hit him. I'll just push him out of the way and keep on trucking....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0869.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	31742   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0870.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	31743  

Name:	IMG_0871.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	31744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	31745  

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	31746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0875.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	31747  

Name:	IMG_0877.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	31748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	31749  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum