Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 03:47 AM   #9
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardyMcWeirdy View Post
Hey Luke,
Just wanted to give you and everyone else an update.

As you suspected, it was the control board. The unit was firing up without a problem. That told me I was getting fuel and spark. But it would shut down after 2 seconds maybe.

I ordered a replacement control board, plugged it in, and she ran great.

Crazy because it’s a 2018, garage kept, with 150 hours. Hard to believe the board could go bad that quickly.

Thanks to your help, I was able to diagnose the problem quickly, correctly, and get it taken care of.

Big thanks to you Luke for sharing your knowledge. It saved me a ton of time, effort, and money.

I owe ya

Great news . Glad your back up an running. The control board is the heart and soul. Of course the hardest to diagnose, but unfortunately a common issue. Heck even if you see codes none tell you control failure.
Be safe an enjoy.

Regards
Luke

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum