Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #14
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Please recognize that there FLA batteries that are sealed and require no watering. AGM is simply one family member of valve regulated lead-acid (VRLA) batteries which have been made since the mid 1970's. The fiberglass mats that up valuable space in a battery; therefore an AGM type battery will have less usable amp-h than a flooded battery of equal size. The calcium used is strengthening the lead plates of water-less batteries reduces the capacity of the plates when compared to antimony alloy plates. The advantages of AGM battery are ruggedness and ability to mount in any orientation since the acid is in gel form. Battery choice is as an individual choice as choosing a life pardner. There is no best choice, nor is there one best choice for a particular application. Deep cycle AGMs only make since if you are going to keep the coach for 8 years or more or you need a trolling motor battery in your bass boat.
I think the first thing I said. I am a believer that quality is defined for fitness of use. Each person has different needs from a battery, but let me tell you why I did not go the way you suggest.

While it is too late to change what I bought, I did a lot of research. What is your best choice, provide a link for OP as he / she was asking for recommendations. I don't think anyone actually did; so I shared my choice and why.

My batteries are designed for Solar Applications. The Dual purpose batteries I had were actually design dual purpose, which I did NOT want. According to a Battery Manufactures who makes all kinds of batteries, they specified the batteries I have now are design for RV deep cycle use. They will never be used for cranking short an emergency start if my FLA chassis battery dies
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum