Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 12:11 AM   #11
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
Luke,

Thanks for the interesting information. Our coach was built in March of 2014 and titled as a 2015. Out of curiosity, I looked up the spec sheet for our model 4KYFA26100. s/n 4KYFA26100P, and there is no mention of a low oil shut off feature. I think this missing feature goes back to at 2014 or earlier.
Thanks to you, many of us will be more diligent on checking the oil level! Thanks again.

Great, our coach was built on a 2014 chassis but also a 2015. From my findings The Model 4KYFA started eliminating oil level or oil pressure sensors around late 2013. Onan had so many problems with that feature it was discontinued. The engine is similar to a lawn mower design. Oiling is done with a flinger ( slinger) which splashes oil inside block. Thus no filter , no pump. Now running low on oil it can overheat and should shut off from the heat but my guess is it will fail with internal damage. Crazy…. So check your oil level, leave a little below fill mark. Too much oil will shut down to. It will restart but with to much oil run times vary from minutes to an hour. Another thing to remember is use a quality 15/40W oil. Change every 50 to 75 hours or once a year. Don’t waste money on synthetic.

Be safe Enjoy

Luke

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum