Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Washing RV
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 01:42 AM   #12
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I used the Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax for years, and it works pretty well, but I recently got the Griot's Garage foam cannon along with their Foaming Surface Wash and Foaming Poly Gloss. It leaves a better protective coating on the RV, but it does take more steps in the washing process. My previous process was 1) pressure wash 2) wash with the Gel-Gloss (mixed in a bucket of water) using a long-handled brush and wash mitt 3) rinse with the pressure washer. For the Griot's system there are a few more steps: 1) pressure wash 2) apply wash foam with foam cannon 3) use long handled brush and wash mitt to wash 4) pressure rinse 5) apply foaming poly gloss 6) pressure rinse.

You can really see the surface beading the rinse water after applying the poly gloss, and bugs don't stick to the surface as much, and are much easier to remove during subsequent washes.
You got my attention because you have used Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax and then switched so I was reading intently to learn something new, but it seems like you have new foaming cannon with new solution that you did not use before? Why wouldn't you just use the Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax in the new foaming cannon along with the extra steps? I am sure it would give better results than your previous process as well.

Few other notes you may find interested.

I had a pressure washer with foamer before I purchased my RV, so I have always used the Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax in a foamer, but I have never used my pressure washer nozzle sprayers on my RV. My reason is on roof, I worry about the aggression aiding a possible roof leak? and on the sides, I worry about the decals? Note: I see dealers clean RVs all the time with portable mobile wash solutions, so I know it can be done, but just stating what I do. I guess I could use my least aggressive nozzle (green)?

But nonetheless, my steps are follows

1. Rinse the Roof or RV surface I intend to use Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax, using regular water hose and Full Action nozzle settings.
2. Using my Foamer, I spray the foamed solution Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax and allow to sit for a minute or two.
3. Brush with an extendable Adjust a Brush
4. Rinse off the solution

I then wipe down all of the glass. ( drying the sides is optional, but I don't see it as required because it dries spot free on my coach)

I can use the Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax on my entire roof in about 30 minutes, and I can use Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax on the sides in about an hour.

Wheels with Mothers Chrome (30 minutes)
Mequiars #56 Pure RV / Boat Wax using polisher on sides ( 5 hrs)
Mequiars #56 Pure RV / Boat Wax using polisher on FIBERGLASS roof ( 1.5 hrs)
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum