Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
2013NHSiestaowner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Hampshire
THOR #5819
Wheel and tire questions

Greetings-- I have two questions that I bet have been asked and answered in the past, but not by me. My rig is a '13 Siesta.
What magic tricks do you have to seat your wheel covers without playing "Whack-A-Mole?" I know to orient the cutout in the front cover around the valve stem, but I'm unaware of any need to orient the rear covers. I have been using a rubber mallet and my leg to hold the cover as I work my way around. One rear cover never quite seats, so I've been using zip ties to keep from losing it.
Second question: I want to install a TPMS system. Do I need to extend the wheel sensors outside the covers? It'd be a tight fit to position the front wheel sensors in the wheel cover holes. Can I install the rear sensors behind the cover and still get a good signal? Please post photos of your successful installation and the brand of TPMS you are happy with.
Thanks, Peter

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.