Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Howdy!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:33 PM   #3
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
We have a 2015 Vegas 24.1. It's just my wife and I plus two Bichons under 25 lbs.

This floorpan was perfect for us. We use the twin bed configuration and find it perfect. The mattresses the came with it are more comfortable than the ones at home. We bought it new in 2015 and it has the optional 15000 BTU air conditioner. That AC can turn the inside of the MH into a meat locker in FL's honest summer weather (we lived inTampa for 3 years after we bought the Vegas).

The 24.1 floorplan has the largest amount of exterior storage of all the Vegas/Axis models. We have never had a problem with storage either inside or outside. Don't know what year you are looking at. Ours being a 2015 came on the Ford E-350 chassis with the Ford V-10. The engine is a real workhorse; albeit, it is pretty loud. There are other engine options after 2015 that you might want to consider.

We got about 10 mpg over the 22,000 miles we now have on the RV. We have not done much camping in mountains so that MPG is reflective of driving over pretty flat terrain.

The components and systems installed by Thor across the Vegas/Axis models are all pretty much the same. The main difference in floor models is how much storage space you get and how you use the floorplan. As an initial entry model I think the Vegas/Axis is an excellent choice. There are other models out there with solar, full body paint, lithium batteries, more refined electronics, etc; however, you will pay a premium price for those type of upgrades.. The Vegas/Axis price point is respectable for what you get.

I compiled a Vegas/Axis owner's manual and it can be downloaded here on the forum. The link is on the first discussion under the Motorhome Tech Topis area of the forum.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum