Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #24
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis25.2 View Post
I believe you missed my properly oiled comment - THE LOOPHOLE against a K&N. Most owners over oil their filter, subsequently coating various sensors, MAF, O2, TPS etc... An over-oiled K&N will clog itself up and perhaps sensors. An under oiled K&N will provide LESS FILTRATION, hence also violating Ford's warranty, since it wouldnt meet micron / particle level filtration comparable to the OEM filter that was sold with it. In any case, I see Ford winning any of these warranty claim cases thrown in front of them.

The 5-Star tune adds 100lbs of torque to the V-10 and cures it's high shift point issues / revving. I LOVE mine. I built a 4x4 Sportsmobile that had a V-10. The 5-star worked great then, but, I able to make changes in shift points. Now, its just plug & play - perfect for the non-techy...

Folks should be more concerned about why Thor doesnt provide turn signal marker lights up in the front / sides. Talk about a safety issue. A vehicle on the side of you would never know you wanted turn into their lane... I added some on mine, but they should be required. You think anyone would miss my blinker? This, is after spending thousands in suspension upgrades just to make it roadworthy.

P.S. to THOR. You have a severely overweight transport driver who is bending the frames on the drivers seats. I'm not the only one to have to add at least a 1/4 inch spacer on the exiting side of the drivers seat. Since no complaints involve passenger seats (and they are the same part number), its obvious someone large is the culprit... JMHO
5-Star tune on Thor RV gained 128 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque (at the wheels!) 7.3 V8 Godzilla engine

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum