Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #33
Axis25.2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #24089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Great photos a lot of work. I was going to do that to my Jayco but I just got a different motorhome, I bet it drives much better. I may put new shocks on mine even though it rides fine because I figure Thor probably put 5 dollar shocks on them. What brand did you go with and how do they ride?

They are / were Ford E-450 factory shocks. They were / are just severely overloaded when Thor is done with the Ford chassis. You have to stand on a Bilstein shock to get it to compress. These Ford shocks were dead with less than 50 miles from the dealer.

IMHO, folks are NUTS to buy an E-450 camper without expecting to spend approx. $5k in much needed chassis / tire improvements. I do all of my own work, so add $100hr labor costs on top of that... Ridiculous for the unsuspecting buyer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.