Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 06:37 PM   #20
sip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #5882
I am definitely in the AGM bandwagon as well currently. I absolutely cannot stand wet batteries anymore. Since I have had a few Odyssey batteries last over 15 years, pretty much in the past decade I have been switching over to them whenever I had to buy a new battery.

Now, I don't go out of my way to swap a good wet cell right away .. but if I ever have to buy a new one, I tend to go with Odyssey AGMs.

I was able to fit two Odyssey 31-925S (group 31) AGMs in my 2016 24.1 Vegas (under the step where Thor likes to put them). It's a tight fit but it wasn't hard. I don't think anything bigger will fit without modifying that space.

It would be nice to go lithium eventually for the house batteries, especially if I do solar. But since we don't boondock, and the RV is kind of a once-in-a-while kind of trip, for me the AGMs hit the sweet spot for reliability, price, and the reserve capacity. They aren't cheap by any means but they are also not outrageously priced if they are going to last a decade or more with no maintenance.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.