Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #15
AndyMan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #8342
Residential fridge is problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
New batteries installed prior to last trip. 3 100ah 12v Duracell's . After about 6 weeks of not running the RV after last trip and shutting off all the house power The voltage was down to below 11volts. I plugged into shore power using 110 converter plug to the house. After charging all night the batteries are at 11.02 volts and with the generator running for the last hour is still at 11.02v .

Notes:
1- Batteries charged all night on shore power through converter very slow recovery?

2- Generator put into auto 1 hour ago and started as it should but batteries still at same 11.02 volts

3- CODE ---E02 displays between showing batter voltage and then to code then back to E02. Generator running and green light is lit up.

Questions:
1-- Does the convertor only trickle charge the batteries?
2-- Shouldn't the generator send more juice to the house batteries?
3-- What is the code represent or telling me.
4-- Any help here would be great and there is nothing powered up, the house switch was turned on before connecting to shore power and remains in the USE position

The trip with the new batteries were shown at 13.8 to 14.1 when charged and would run the residential fridge for many hours when off the grid.

Thanks Quantum
I have a 2016 WS31. I had the same issue and it was explained as this - The inverter running the residential fridge takes up more then the generator or shore power gives to the battery. So while the inverter is powering the fridge then you won’t be able to get a full charge to the battery.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum