Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 10:44 PM   #23
JIM SNYDER

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #20901
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclwkr222 View Post
i have to replace 2 house batteries on 2013 challenger gt37
are these 6 or 12 volt. any recommendations of replacement?
Your owners manual (prob. also available on-line) will answer your 6/12/ volt question.

I recently replaced the original (2) 12 volt batteries in my THOR 29M WINDSPORT. The original batteries were FLA's in a very small battery space thus very difficult to services (add water).

I decided to replace with sealed (no maintenance) AGM batteries (twice the life span) and purchased them from BATTERY PLUS ($100 cheaper each than the local RV store). With lots of help from my wife, we did the replacement in 3 hours including the clean and repaint of the storage box.

Note:
Beware the battery size, i.e. length, The 24 models are shorter than the 27 models. Make sure the one you purchase will fit thru the battery box door (measure carefully on the RV and at the battery store).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.