Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 12:50 AM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
2018 Thor Chateau 31W Class-C. I noticed the door placard says the rig weighs 14,000 and has a max weight of 14,500. Door says the steers should be at 80psi (the sidewall listed max) and the four rears at 75 each. So assuming my tanks are dry, all cabinets and fridge are empty, once I add my 300# carcass and a few cans of beanie weenies, I'm over the max. (which irks the HECK out of me).

I've been told this limitation is because of the LT225/75R16 Load Range E tires it came from the factory with. Although they're difficult to find online, I hear there's a load range F available. Assuming I replace all six, would this allow me to carry more beanie weenies or maybe even a 12-pack of PBR?

Would this be a wise move? The tires only have 3000 miles on them, and I'm going to be loading up to go full time by October and plan to travel quite a bit. Should I upgrade the tires, or just buy the Good Sam Platinum plan so the expected blowouts will be replaced for free?

Many thanks for your wisdom!
No. The GCWR and GVWR are based on the mechanical limitations of the chassis and not the load rating of the tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum