Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 01:01 AM   #5
Choxnpinz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
You'll soon discover with lead-acid batteries if you (or an uncaring RV dealer) abuse them they will have a VERY short life. I strongly urge you to stick a minimum of solar panels on the roof to keep your batteries topped off. Do this BEFORE you get new batteries. Once you run them below 12 volts a few times, sulfation starts killing them.

Lithium is a game changer... if you can afford it. Most of the lead-acid woes disappear when you go there.

Yeah, I really can't afford the lithiums, and I was told the charging system has to be replaced with something made for lithiums, or it will only charge up to 85%. I guess I'll go to the local dealer and discuss my options for solar. I know the rig is wired for it (the connectors are on the roof) but that's where my knowledge of solar ends. Thanks a bunch!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.