Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Miramar 34.2
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
brianh442

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
I'm not sure what's going on with Thor Quality control, but I was not impressed with my new 34.2!!! Like the other poster stated, I too had a lot, over 30 write ups for the dealer to repair!! They had it the first time for almost 3 weeks, barely fixed 10 problems!

For those guys with the 34.2, there should be an electrical outlet under your forward facing dinette seat, as you are sitting on the seat, it should be near your right leg. While looking for the LINC wireless control panel, I stumbled upon this outlet just sitting in the open space under the bench!! They forgot to mount the outlet!! It was wired to the circuit panel and live, just layin in the compartment.

Another problem was the TV in the bedroom. Be extremely careful while opening the cubby door that the tv is mounted to. The tv mount is way too close, which causes the RF cable to bend at an immediate 90 degree angle as soon as it comes through the hole going to the TV. This bend puts a tremendous amount of strain and pressure on the RF plug on the TV.

As you can imagine this caused the RF plug on the back of the TV to break right off, the female plug broke off the main board in the TV. It was lose when we took delivery and broke off just before our first trip! Still waiting for the dealer to repair!!

If your TV is still in good shape, I would recommend taking a jig-saw or a saws-all, remove the TV from the mount and make that hole a little bigger! Or run it back to your dealer and have them do it! It appears just road vibration and opening and closing that cubby door will put too much stress on that RF plug.

These are just a sampling of the problems I've had so far, I took delivery in early FEB, it's back at the dealer for now. I think they've had possession of it more than we have so far!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	65  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum