Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 03:18 AM   #2
terencgb1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #15798
Update: After much watching or Youtube, reading and spelunking the web I am now in possession of a little more information. Im sharing here incase it saves somebody else a few hours of searching. Seems the RV Custom Products BCC couples the two batteries together when either of them goes above 13.2V allowing what ever is charging one to flow into the other. It will leave the two batteries coupled together until one or the other drops below 12.6v. Then, when it detects one or the other drop below 12.6V it waits 15 seconds and disconnects them from each other protecting the chassis battery. Based on this I will run some tests in the AM to drop my chassis battery to below 12.6 and see if the cross connect opens the circuit between the two batteries. Of course this doesn't prevent a parasitic load on the chassis battery continuing to pull it down but I should be able to see the load from the main coach drop off. Tune in next week for another exciting episode of "The BCC mystery drama!"

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.