Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #17
Grampy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #23772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Have you had it the entire time or did you buy it like that with low hours.

I am curious because you never said; but what is it doing or not doing; and when did it start or stop?

That genset avg 8 hrs / year. I am only averaging 75 hrs per year and I am trying very hard to double that It is easier said than done. When you do get it fixed; things to make the Genny easier to use besides the romantic escapes

1. Buy or use the AGS, let it work for you and keep things going. I have never had to prime my genset because it runs so frequently.
2. When it has started, let it run at least 10 minutes before shutting down
3. Don't hesitate to turn on to use ACs if coach is warm, I can't tell the difference in gas cost. I know it is a little more, but I can't measure any relevant amount.
4. Put in Quiet Time mode at home and even on some trips when boondocking, you will get at least 2 hrs / day.
5. Changing my own oil and filter also tends to make me want to use it after I have dome the work servicing it

Good luck
Thank you for this info. We just bought the motorhome. It is a 2013 with 22,000 miles. So not used much at all. My issue is it will start right up but dies when I let off the start button. If I hold the button in it will shut off on its own in about 15 seconds. It doesn’t just die, it shuts spark off to spark plug.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum