Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #20
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy View Post
Cummins had their best tech trouble shoot. Says it’s pulling too much resistance. They say either dirty slip rings or brushes not making good contact. But want $1200-1500 to check those out. So was want input as to whether I could do that myself or not.
For me it would not even be an option. But from what I have read on your plight, your situation and your expertise; I would deal only with Cummins which you are appearing to be doing. I would commit to get it working and maybe with some Cummins warranty. Ask about adding the new AGS and maybe they work with on cost. They may align the warranty for generator with AGS? Since coach is new to you and if Cummins can recertify the genset, it will be like a brand new genset so all you got to do is just use it so it does not happen again. I would put a cap at $2,500 in total before considering replacing with a new one.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum