Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Generator
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 10:19 PM   #21
Grampy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #23772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
For me it would not even be an option. But from what I have read on your plight, your situation and your expertise; I would deal only with Cummins which you are appearing to be doing. I would commit to get it working and maybe with some Cummins warranty. Ask about adding the new AGS and maybe they work with on cost. They may align the warranty for generator with AGS? Since coach is new to you and if Cummins can recertify the genset, it will be like a brand new genset so all you got to do is just use it so it does not happen again. I would put a cap at $2,500 in total before considering replacing with a new one.
I agree with you except thinking of $2000 cap. But if I could get it apart myself I could get control board, voltage regulator, brushes and clean slip rings for around $1000 in parts. Basically new generator??? I’m old school and used to fixing myself or knowing someone that could. Don’t have my head wrapped around $165 an hour labor costs. Guess we will see. Not sure new ones are available either. Thanks for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.