Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 05:02 AM   #8
elbenson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: RS36
State: California
THOR #24133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
And you are aware of the slide and over an structural issues those rigs are having?

Good luck
Sorry, but I hope this is not indicative of the support this forum has. To welcome a new person with "good luck". Are you pissed at Thor for building bad coaches that every new person here gets a cryptic message and a middle finger.

For reference, I have done quite a bit of research and have extensively used our ultra light trailer with 2 slides for 4+ years. I am a mechanical engineer and have designed satellite components, solar panels, and consumer electronics, so I am familiar with design issues, fixing, trouble shooting etc.

I have found a few active threads on this forum with good advice going over there issues, but based on the number of coaches sold, and relatively few issues with clear pictures/root cause I don't see a huge trend (or at. least any worse than other coaches). I also see slide issues in 100% of the other manufactures as well. I mean, there is only a few manufacturers of these components. You will have a set failure rate, as it is impossible to make a perfect system. So, on the forums there is no way to determine the defective parts per million just by reading these treads as people without issues tend not to post or come looking for advice.

Sorry, for the rant, but I guess time will tell if this forum is helpful or worth participating in.

Eric

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum