Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hi from Oregon
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Rocket448

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: Oregon
THOR #24177
Smile Hi from Oregon

My wife and I bought a new-model Thor ACE 27.2 in 2016 in preparation for our move to Oregon. Since then we've enjoyed the PNW and wonderful family times , using our coach to provide logistics support for family camping - my son-in-law and daughter love to tent camp and they have two young daughters, so the coach is a very convenient way to help make their camping easier and give our kids some alone time while we entertain the grand-daughters with movies and games aboard the coach. It's a challenge to drive the coach, to be honest. The 10-cylinder Ford engine labors in the passes through the coast range and the Cascades. I drove through the Rockies into California (from the Grand Canyon) and the coach nearly stalled out going uphill. Downhill is a wrestling match too, and speeds over 45 going downhill? VERY EXCITING! The coach feels quite tippy. Nevertheless, it's a comfortable home-away-from-home, as we discovered when living in the coach for three months while waiting to close on our house. There have been some issues with the black tank getting clogged with tp, and the decorative swooshes on the exterior haven't stood up to the sun very well at all, but the interior has held up very well. I hope to learn more tricks and solve maintenance problems with your help, so thanks in advance!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum