Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
kiwi13605

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Windsport 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #24101
Mostly electrical questions

I bought a used 2017 Windsport 29M. Ford F53 chassis.

Still shaking out just how everything works and nothing too serious going on.

I try and find answers in Thor and component item manuals. Pretty frustrating as everything is 'If your model is equipped' etc.

1: while driving I can't lower the sun shade. Key has to be off to lower it. Will go up no problem. There is a tiny momentary switch hanging down about 6 inches by the left end of the shade roll (like a valet switch on an alarm). Don't know what it is for or if related.

2. My model doesn't have any shades on the cab side windows. Is there after markets available I could add?

3. How can I tell if this F53 chassis has an oil change nag system? The Chevy system on my previous C class was surprisingly accurate. With cost of gas I think it is going to be more of a calendar change than mileage, but just wondering.

4. My coach battery disconnect relay seems bad. It clicks but doesn't disconnect. Still have some tests to try but the relay is quite cheap if thats it.

Has anybody just replaced this with a manual switch? The relay is mounted under the master bed on the front panel of the bed. It would be easy to put a manual rotary disconnect switch in the same location.

I believe this is the replacement relay
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N8NYN2/

And this is the manual switch I would use instead
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WJSYTXP

Thoughts? And Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum