Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 11:36 PM   #17
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm glad your happy with the AGM's. I really was hopeful they would work for me. Based on the volt read-out on the wall of my coach, they never even fully charged. Not sure why but I was not about to pay more and get less. I'd rather pay for 3 more batteries in 3 or 4 years than spend twice as much for an AGM. Maybe if I could get them to charge and last as long as flooded, I'd go back?!?!
If new AGM batteries would never charge, they would certainly be defective. Surely you wouldn't broad brush all AGMs batteries and all AGM Mfgs based on those 2 NAPA batteries you received defective?

Just so you know, there was nothing wrong with my 1 year old NAPA FLA 60 ah batteries. I just didn't want to do the water thing anymore, and I knew I was going to over /under with water anyway. Also I did NOT pay twice as much for my AGM batteries over FLA. I bought a different product; so to speak. My new batteries have 125ah capacity each and rated for 8 years, I more than doubled from 60ah how long I can run offline ( 20 - 24 hrs vs 6 - 8 hrs). A equivalent FLA may be $150. You purchased a 3rd battery and concede that you will buy more batteries in 3 - 4 years, an argument could be made that I actually paid a lot less, but got more.

Note: All AGMS are not made the same, so unless you specify make or model it is hard to compare. I can get very good AGMs for $180 Duracell Grp 31. I paid $250 Vmax tank Grp 31 SLR125 because I did not mind paying $60 more for Pure AGM Deep Cycle batteries with no automotive posts. My coach batteries will never be used for cranking; so a Marine dual purpose was not the best I could get for $500.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum