Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Awning Cap
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 04:53 PM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The C of C Latitude Patio awning is OEM only. Your coach's manufacture did not order the movement sensor in their batch of awnings. C of C does offer an upgrade to individuals on their web site (or you can usually find it on Amazon.com). It is easy to test the awning to see if the movement sensor is installed and working properly. Put the awning out and just hit the motor end (forward end) twice in rapid succession with a pole or broom. If it stays in position, no sensor, if it starts to retract, the sensor is working correctly

As for the LED light strip - you can replace the switch with a switch with an indicator light since the LEDs are not computer controlled. For me, I just installed a small bright LED beside the switch since I had a bunch leftover from rewiring previous RVs.
I just wish they had wired the retract function through the Bussman fuse and relay board so that the awning would retract when the ignition is on. Since mine is wired through the Rapid Camp remote, I have not figured how that could work and still keep the Rapid Camp option

I think I was trying to say from my brief experience and encounters with the wind while awning is extended, I am not so sure that have it retract when wind is sensed is a good thing? If it start to retracts wind can catch and I have seen it lift in the air like parachute, I quickly stopped it and let it extend where it seemed to be stronger to support itself when fully extended. I know it is safer when retracted, just cause me to pause because depending on wind speed and direction, auto retract may actually allow some damage?

I do have a green indicator on awning light switch, but it is down in the stair well near disconnect switch so you don't see down there. During the day even if you did it would be a challenge to see the green LED. I was thinking if it would auto shut off when rolled up, or maybe a part of LED was visible on side so you could see when outdoors to turn off. The latter is basically what I do if I leave the Patio light on.

I haven't thought about your last point. Good idea, if the steps can retract why not the awning? Or at least beep like the levelers do. I will have to go out and see what actually happens on mine.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.