Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 06:27 PM   #10
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin S View Post
Anyone experiencing Carpenter Ants in the coach? I had a front leak at the window two or three years ago and I have a wood pile within 15 feet of the coach. I have evidence of Carpenter Ants, these guys are red and black and about 1/4" long. there is shavings along the front left and right of the cockpit and in the bedroom below the TV. also by the front door. HELP please to get rid of these devils. I am now using boric acid and powdered sugar mixture.
My old Jayco had them, we camped in Wisconsin and there were carpenter ants climbing all over the motorhome. We noticed more and more each day. When I got home I removed the bottom of the AC unit and saw a few ants. I sprayed Bayer complete insect killer in the AC ductwork and the ants started dropping to the floor, I called the wife and we stomped on 500 or more ants. I called an exterminator he sprayed the complete motorhome and all around it. In three days they were gone, best 350 dollars I spent. Call someone because they use chemicals they said were safe and the ant's would take it back to the nest and kill them

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum