Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 10:13 PM   #18
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
If new AGM batteries would never charge, they would certainly be defective. Surely you wouldn't broad brush all AGMs batteries and all AGM Mfgs based on those 2 NAPA batteries you received defective?

Just so you know, there was nothing wrong with my 1 year old NAPA FLA 60 ah batteries. I just didn't want to do the water thing anymore, and I knew I was going to over /under with water anyway. Also I did NOT pay twice as much for my AGM batteries over FLA. I bought a different product; so to speak. My new batteries have 125ah capacity each and rated for 8 years, I more than doubled from 60ah how long I can run offline ( 20 - 24 hrs vs 6 - 8 hrs). A equivalent FLA may be $150. You purchased a 3rd battery and concede that you will buy more batteries in 3 - 4 years, an argument could be made that I actually paid a lot less, but got more.

Note: All AGMS are not made the same, so unless you specify make or model it is hard to compare. I can get very good AGMs for $180 Duracell Grp 31. I paid $250 Vmax tank Grp 31 SLR125 because I did not mind paying $60 more for Pure AGM Deep Cycle batteries with no automotive posts. My coach batteries will never be used for cranking; so a Marine dual purpose was not the best I could get for $500.
Were both happy so Hooray for us. I have Group 27's and each one I believe is 95ah. With three at 285ah divided by half should be 140ah's which for me is plenty. I may look into Duracell?? Do you or anyone out there know if I need to change anything on my charging system to make AGM style batts charge better AND hold a charge. The one's I had did not!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.