Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: awning damaged
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 11:26 AM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Easy gents...... before you roast the OP to well done versus just medium rare.

I don't know how long his awning is but....... I know there would be no way to get the awning drum from my SV34 inside my coach if something like this happened and it got torn off. No way to strap it vertically or horizonatally to the back of the coach either without it sticking out into other lanes of traffic or sticking up so high it hits underpasses. I carry a toolbox with over 50lbs of tools but a hacksaw or sawzall is not one of them so I could not cut it into pieces to get it into the coach. He could certainly get the arms and brackets into the coach and he could tear the material off the drum completely and get that in the coach.

That being said.... I agree with LTK. Assuming someone in the coach did not accidetally hit the awning switch while the OP was fueling, sounds like a issue with the ignition interlock, which should have prevented the awning from opening with the key in the "run" position.

If that is the case, LTK is right that a problem with the Interlock could have an impact on other items as well.

If the awning power wires are still hanging out of the top of the coach, then it could be tested with a meter to see if power can be applied by hitting the awning extend switch with the key in the "run" position.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum