Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Parasite draw
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #1
exit55

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19843
Parasite draw

Having problem with coach battery going dead when plugged into shore power. Most of the time it will not crank after about two days. Did jump the other day, drove 25 miles and engine wouldn't crank. Normally if I run generator, coach will crank.

My question is this. Have looked at you tube on finding parasitic draw. They are hooking amp multimeter between NEG battery post and frame to check any draw. The neg battery post is almost impossible to get to. Can I do the same test on the positive side. Know I may get some sparks. I can easily get to the POS post wire on the Thrombetta and disconnect. Is there anything between POS post and thrombetta.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum