Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: awning damaged
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 07:26 AM   #21
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Glad you are safe, anything can happen on that highway as others look, slow down, or stop. We witnessed a rear end collision right next to us where a little girl in a rear w/child seat was killed as a driver behind was not paying attention to the road in front of him. I bought a Dash Cam thereafter.

Not sure I would file a claim with my insurance, you just got the RV, they may cancel you and for sure come renewal time the price may skyrocket. It may be cheaper to fix yourself?

I am pretty sure this was one of the things about the TMC 2019 27Bs that I didn't like? If I recall; if you just touch that button it would extend all the way out and vice versa Not sure about the other Thor coaches? My current coach has momentary switch; so you must hold continuously to extend or retract. It forces me to put at least one of my beers down and watch the entire thing

As a practical matter, unless it was night time and awning lights were off; I would think it almost impossible for me to drive off with awning out? You just can't miss seeing it through the entry door and the large dinette window.

Our switches are by entry steps as well and I know we have accidentally hit before, but the damage is usually the awning light is on and we may not know until next time I see at LED light inside when dark.

I appreciate the sharing of the horror story. Guess what I will be checking tomorrow? I don't know if I have a interlock or not? I will test the key in the ignition, and with engine running to see if awning will extend when button is pressed?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum