Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Generators
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 06:38 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
And, once again, the OP did not mention year and model. This always bugs me as I don’t know if it’s a Teardrop or a Prevost.

In other thread he mentions 2015 ACE 29.2.

Other than being up to 6 or 7 years old, I’m not sure that helps much though.

From my perspective, as motorhomes become more advanced electrically, the use of generators becomes less of an ideal solution. The only “efficient” need I still see for a generator is to power air conditioner(s) for extended periods, which is common for boondocking in hot weather. Pretty much every other need can be accomplished in more efficient and pleasant ways.

I would not replace an operational generator, and if it was completely shot, would probably replace with another (but more modern). For brand new motorhomes though, it’s becoming harder for me to justify a generator other than it being the cheapest solution when needing lots of power off the grid.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.