Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 10:23 PM   #9
terencgb1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #15798
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah a 2015 Vegas will have a BCC in the front outside storage under the driver's seat.
Jamie. Thanks for a huge support post and great information. Thanks to all who have posted help. This has been super helpful. And so without further a do... Here is an update.

I have confirmed I have the RV Custom Products Battery Control Center. My particular model is a TH-1020, Rev B1 with a part number FW221.

I have ordered and received a Li-Bim 225 and plan to install it. The high level plan is to use the Li-Bim to replace the solenoid that is in the BCC that bridges the chassis and house batteries. Here is the plan:

On the outside of the BCC are the battery connectors.
1. Jumper a short 2AWG cable from the chassis battery connector on the BCC to the Chassis lug on the Li-Bim
2. Jumper a short 2AWG cable from the house battery connector on the BCC to the house lug in the Li-bim.
3. Connect the ground terminal on the Li-bim to the ground terminal on the BCC.
4. inside the Li-Bim. Disconnect / cut the connectors that go to the solenoid inside the BCC. (BTW Wayne Polcin has a great video on youtube that shows him taking the BCC apart, posted in 2020). This will take the solenoid out of the game but leave the bus bars intact for everything else.
5. On the board, cut the pin 1 cable on Connector P1 and run that to the Bi-Lim "signal" terminal this will be the emergency start button that will bridge the two battery systems.
6. Add a cable into the P3 connector at position 2, currently empty as I dont have motorized steps and re-fuse that at 3 amps which is more than enough to drive the Li-Bim and less than the wire rating.

Hopefully this will all be complete this week and Ill post the results and maybe even a few pictures. The state of the terminals on eth outside the BCC is not pretty and they are also pretty exposed in the little slot back there if something was to fall on them so I may just do a little additional work tidying up Thors installations (an ongoing task!) and make the whole thing a little less exposed.

Thanks again for all your help. Having the brain trust of this group at our disposal is a gift!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.