Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #9
Boise Jamo

State: Alabama
THOR #24254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I didn't think shore power charged the chassis battery. On my 2018 Chateau it doesn't seem to.

On a class C E450 the Trombetta is located under the coolant reservoir in the driver's side rear of the engine compartment. I'm not sure if it's in a similar location on the ACE.

When I push the Emergency Start switch I do hear the click of the Trombetta energizing. It also energizes a few seconds after starting the engine so that the alternator charges the house batteries.

My Trombetta failed and was not allowing the alternator to charge the house batteries. The symptoms were that the house batteries were not charging and I was getting a low voltage error on the levelers. I thought the batteries were going bad, but new batteries didn't fix the low voltage error. The Trombetta was energizing, but there was a voltage difference between the input and output terminals. This difference shouldn't be more than about 0.2 volts.

I'm not sure how much of this info is relevant to your problem, but hopefully some of the infowill help you troubleshoot your issue.
All this information is great thank you so much! :-) I just need to find my solenoid and test it. Thank you

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum