Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Beau and judge thanks. I equate the looseness to a wandering of sort. Requires more attention and corrections that I think should be required. Overall ride quality is good but we did hit one bridge transition that I thought my teeth might come out. Nothing inside fell off but we do have the cabinet contents pretty secure. The ride/looseness is pretty consistent with road surfaces. The oversteer is a bit disconcerting because of the seemingly inconsistent amount of steering needed in turns. That results in that looseness feel and wandering. Steering wheel itself has no play and is set straight.
I would agree that the "looseness" is more of a wandering. I would not say it wears me out or is a white nuckle experience but more of a nuisance. My E-450 Outlaw 29H with the stock suspension was a white knickle drive. After 5 hours of driving it I was worn out. I have driven as long as 12 hours with the F-550 and while tired at the end I was not worn out from keeping it between the lines.

That being said.... I am somewhat like you. I want it to track straight with as little input needed as possible on straight, even roads. I think the alignment will get it where I want it to be. Since Thor does not align the coaches once they are built, I am sure the Ford factory alignment is no longer valid based on the build.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum