Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 12:24 PM   #20
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I am running 85psi front and 95psi rear. I have not had mine aligned and it does not need it, fully loaded and a 14' trailer behind with a Kawasaki Teryx on it, it drives perfect, one handed driving you can take your hand off the wheel and it does not wander off, tracks straight, even my wife enjoys driving it. It just turned over 13k miles on our last trip, and the wife drove all the way across Nebraska.
I don't remember from your previous posts but have you weighed it and what rationale did you use for those figures? Based on my scale ticket, there is no way I can exceed either axle weight rating without exceeding GVWR. And it would be very difficult to put weight so that I exceeded either axle weight. I was 1380 under GVWR and on the trip I have added HER, our clothes, some groceries, and my hoses etc. I figure I used about maybe 600# of that mostly distributed midships. Using the Continental tire chart that judge provided, I found my axle weights, rounded up to the nearest 5 psi and came up with 80 and 95. That's what I'm got to set today for Saturday's drive. If I come across a CAT scales I'll jump on it. IF this fixes the handling then I'll postpone alignment.

I'll have 4 weeks before the next 3 week trip and several things to do such as replace 2 seater couch, install crossfire, wash and wax, and fix myself some small "warranty items" that are easier for me to do than wait on Thor and CW.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum