Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
SteveD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 26B
State: Florida
THOR #24275
Question Gray and Black Tank Emptying

My wife and I just bought a new Chateau 26B and are excited about exploring the country! We've been boaters all our lives and decided now was the time to explore land for a while. While there are similarities in some systems, I just want to verify what I "think" about the black tank before it gets ugly. Please excuse what may be a simple issue. I'm all clear on the gray and black handles on the left side of the coach by the drain. I am under the impression that the third handle on the right side - across from the others - is to make sure the cross over pipe clears. Yes?

If I'm right, I assume the right side handle should only be open when actually draining the tank and closed before the black handle on the left?

Last, hopefully, question on the tanks and drainage. We used the coach for the first time last weekend and saw that many were hooked directly to the sewer at their site. When you stay hooked up like that during a couple day visit, do you leave the valves open all the time to drain or just open when needed? We would have asked our neighbor but, we were there only one night and it was about a zillion degrees until the heavy rain started! Few people were ever seen.

Thanks for advice for this new RVer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum