Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 09:38 PM   #1
abcb4320

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: California
THOR #22574
Low Voltage Inverter

I have a 2018 Thor Palazzo with a 2000w magnum inverter. I've noticed that the voltage input as reflected on the inside firefly control panel display bounces around 88 90 volts. Should be around 110v I'm assuming. I am not getting a fault but while traveling in hot weather and powering both AC's the breaker on the generator tripped and power to the AC units severed. My firefly control panel was hot to the touch.

Much earlier, While having another issue serviced by a mobile mechanic he asked if my inverter was working properly. At the time i assumed so. He said he was seeing inverters not operating properly when hooked to solar. I don't know if there is a correlation but now that i'm see a potential issue i'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and if so came across a solution.

Admittedly, the mechanics behind batteries, solar power chargers, managers and inverters are all outside my area of expertise. Like... WAY far outside my expertise. If you are nice enough to respond please do so in layman terms.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.