Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 03:36 PM   #30
reminckv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
Lippert levelling system motor failure

After returing from a trip from TN to several western states, I had my jacks extended in my driveway while doing some work. When I went to retract my jacks, they would not retract. After all the resets etc., I called LCI and they took me through some troubleshooting steps to determine that I had a motor failure (LCI techs were very helpful). After that, I found this thread which was very helpful. Neither of the local motor shops would repair the motor, but one gave me a contact for Western Motor Services which is the same company that "Jack and Diane" linked above. After calling them, I bought a replacement motor from them ($425 total). After receiving it, there were several obvious differences including: the body is about .5" shorter, the posts are located differently and are smaller, both end caps are shorter, there's no nut for manual operation but a screwdriver slot is provided. To shorten this story... I installed it and my system is now operational. I need to address the ring connectors on my cables, but other than that, it was a 2 bolt install. How long this slightly smaller motor will hold up, I don't know. Hopefully I won't be updating this post for several years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_144336.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	32201   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_141220.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	32202  

reminckv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.