Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Leaking Slider
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 12:16 AM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsavaje1 View Post
Hello folks. “Long time listener. First time caller.”

I have a leak in my slider somewhere. We’ve had a few store come through that brought driving rain and wind. There is a water coming from underneath the dinette bench closest to the driver seat. I’ve inspected around the slide with it open and closed. The only thing I can see is that the bottom of the slide (on the front) has delaminated from the substructure. See attachment. When I reached and opened it a bit a good amount of water ran out. I have a fan running now to dry it out.

Question time:

1) could this be the ingress point for the water inside?

2) suggestions for sealing this, Dicor, Flex Glue, other?

Thank you in advance for your help and support

~Jeff

Hard to be sure from here but I don’t think that’s how the water is getting in. I think it is damaged BY the water coming in. Does it leak with the slide in or out? In any event you need to figure out how that is happening. As for repairing the damage once you’ve found and fixed the leak I think you have a number of options. I’d probably try epoxy. Make sure it’s dry. Could take a week or more in dry hot weather. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.