Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: awning damaged
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #46
Mgtv53

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #15042
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Its a collision claim because he hit something.
And
Maybe not claimable without a police report.
And
Maybe not claimable since its an accessory(I think my insurance doesn't cover aftermariet roof racks)
And
I drove off with my slide open once(about 100 feet. I did a walk around. Electrical guy put it out while I was diddling with something under the dash. He exited, I drove off)
So
Maybe the op drove off with the awning out(plausible and more likely)
And
Damage to property he didn't own...leaving the scene of an accident...pieces of Lord-knows-what left in the road. Screws, brackets, motors.....

There is a societal obligation to act intelligently.
I was in Sedona last year I saw a class c start driving from his camp site with awning fully extended I start yelling but he couldn’t hear me hit a tree came back and start cutting felt bad for him. It was a manual awning. Maybe too many beers. Maybe not. One time I start driving with the electric cord plugged in. Lol , things happen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum