Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in MO View Post
2019 Thor Vegas 27.7. No air coming from circle vents.
- I've fixed the AC baffle issue (amazing this is a thing).
- I've tried forcing ALL output from the AC into the driver-side ducting - nothing comes out of the ducted circle vents.
- I ran a rod through the circle vents from front to back. No blockage, but I can't see the probe from the AC unit box(!).
So, are the vents from the AC actually connected to the ducts?
QUESTION: Does anyone have a diagram of the ducting? There might be a place that was supposed to have been cut-through during construction, but wasn't.

For the duration of the summer, I've Macgyvered an external bypass from the unit into the circle duct at the kitchen with some aluminum gutter downspouts. Lots of airflow. Looks awful, but we'll survive the season.
I don’t have a diagram, but when I was troubleshooting airflow issues, I removed several vents and poked my cell phone camera up into the hole and took photos. The photos allowed me to see how the ducts were run and also showed me an area of restricted flow.
Is this a new issue for you or has it always been this way?
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum